VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR ALL AREAS – ADOPTIONS, TNR, FUNDRAISING – Training will be provided and we would love to have your help. What would you like to do to help a needy cat?
We ask anyone interested in volunteering to attend a General Orientation. Our next General Orientation will be held Saturday, November 4th from 12:30-1:30 at our Surgical Center on US Highway 27. For more information, please call Gina at (352)840-0663 and press option #5.
- Help cats find loving homes through our adoption outreach at PetSmart
- Cat care and socialization at CoCo’s House at our surgical headquarters on US Highway 27
- Open your home and heart to our cats that need a foster setting
- Do you enjoy communicating with others? We need help with outreach activities such as newsletters and presentations
- How about fundraising? We need active, organized individuals to help put together our much needed fundraising activities.
- Are you good with crafts? Handmade craft items provide needed funds for our cats.
- Landscaping and garden maintenance help is needed
- Are you good at minor repairs and handyman tasks? We could use your help.
- Sales skills?- we could use some help in our gift shop
- Do you have special training working with animals (or would you like to learn?) Volunteers help us on surgery days for TNR.
- Do you prefer to work behind the scenes? We have lots of opportunities for you to help us get our surgery and cat adoption areas ready for business.
- Not sure? Contact us. Call 352-840-0663 and press option #5
- You can also fill out our volunteer form found under “Resources”- Common Forms.
OUR WISH LIST
- CAN CAT FOODS
- COPY PAPER
- DRY CAT FOODS – Authority and Iams
- FOOD AND WATER BOWLS – LARGE AND SMALL
- POSTAGE STAMPS – LETTER & POSTCARD
- CAT LITTER – ALL TYPES
- LITTER BOXES
- LITTER SCOOPS
- TRASH BAGS (13 & 39 GAL SIZES)
- NEW CAT TOYS
- CARDBOARD SCRATCHING BOARDS
- SCRATCHING POSTS
- PAPER TOWELS
- SCRUBBING BRUSHES, SPONGES
- DISPOSABLE BED PADS/PUPPY PADS
- THROW RUGS, TOWELS AND BLANKETS
- BLEACH, DISH & LAUNDRY SOAPS
- GAS CARDS FOR ANIMAL TRANSPORTS
Memorial Garden Plants
We are getting ready to fill out our Memorial Garden. Our garden designers have shared with us the plants they would like to include. We have listed them below. If you can donate any of them, we would be so grateful. We hope to have our Memorial Garden up and blooming for our 10th anniversary celebration in October.
Curcurama Ginger- 3
crepe myrtles- 3
white pampas grass- 2
cherry tree or Japanese plum- 2
hedge roses- 3
reblooming hydrangeas- 3
If you shop online at Amazon, you can help Sheltering Hands EVERY time you make any purchases. Log on through Amazon Smile and they will make a donation of .05% of your purchases to Sheltering Hands. You don’t have to do anything and there is no additional cost to you. For more information, please click here. All your Amazon info carries over-wish lists, addresses, etc. Just use Amazon Smile as your bookmark after you first log in and you are set. Search for Sheltering Hands Inc. It can also be found under non-profit groups in Williston, Florida.
Want to help Sheltering Hands AND get great prices and super fast delivery of all your pet needs? Chewy is teaming with animal rescue groups by making a $20 cash donation for all first time customers who log in through our special Chewy page. This offer is only good for your first order. Remember to make sure we get this donation, you must place your first order through our special Chewy page. Be sure to tell your friends!
Fresh Step cat litter has a program where you can help our shelter receive free cat litter. Sheltering Hands is a registered shelter in the Fresh Step “Paw Points” program. Now people can donate their Fresh Step cat litter “Paw Points” to help us get litter for our kitties.
There is a stamped code on the back of the “Paw Points” cut out on the boxes/bags of Fresh Step products. Go to www.FreshStep.com and under the Paw Points drop down select the donate option. Select Sheltering Hands as the shelter to donate to and enter the code SHELTERBONUS1123. Look below for more information from Fresh Step.
Fresh Step is helping us in our effort to find every cat a forever home. In an ongoing effort, they donate litter and rewards to animal shelters and rescues like ours. Want to get involved (and maybe get a little something for yourself, too)?
1. Visit FreshStep.com and join the Paw Points® Rewards program: Every code you enter adds to your rewards—and automatically means another contribution to our shelter.
2. Use our unique code, and you’ll get 50 bonus points—and we will too: Just enter this code SHELTERBONUS1123, and we’ll both benefit. It’s a win-win situation.
For every 10,000 points, we receive, we get 23 boxes of free litter.
Help “fix” our companion animal overpopulation. When you purchase this specialty license plate, funds go to help spay/neuter companion animals in Florida. Please consider purchasing one of these plates.
For more information, please click here or the logo above.